Monday, January 26, 2004

So, at last, the day of fate has come. The day when I will say, as Othello did, 'Farewell the plumed troops! Farewell tranquil peace! Farewell!!' The day when I shall trade in a beloved pink IC for a life of regimentation, of discipline, of stifling: read, the death of freedom and creativity for a life of 'Yes Sir' and 'No Sir'. And I'm rather apprehensive of the possibility that fabian and I will be the only two JC trainees in Civil Defence, which I really hope is not the case. Social cohesion would be good, but I do hope it doesn't make me degenerate into a state of shouting Hokkien and more hokkien and talking in slurred 'duh' phrases. It's just the environment I guess. I don't know. I'll just be positive and look forward to it I guess. at least civil defence is not as 'siong' as the army, I heard, so hopefully it'll be good. hope i get to book out often. haha.

so tired. sleeping is absolutely essential to life. seriously. i woke up at 3 feeling good about myself again.

good night to all, and have a wonderful time. for me, alas, i shall say my pledge of allegiance with the bitterest irony, and wish the world out there a sorry good-bye.

No comments: