Sunday, April 18, 2004

'Twas a good day today. It started off with a nice church service. I realised that I have to get back to God and, really, the most important thing is what he thinks of me, and not what the world thinks of me. It's His leading that's important. and even if the whole world hates me/scorns me, but His favour rests on me, that's all that I need.

Statement no 1: The most wonderful thing in life is the knowledge that God is with you; the worse thing is that awful sense of god-forsakenness you get after sinning/being too concerned with earthly things. so, help me to have some resolve.

Statement no 2: character=consistency. there's no point being nice only sometimes when you're in the mood, and the rest of the time when you're in a foul mood to act stupid. the test is CONTROL. how well can you control what you're doing. how well can you control your emotions. now that's real hard. of course, when you are happy and well, everything is nice and you're cheery and bubbly and smiley. but when things start to go wrong, can you still have that warmth in you? if you believe statement no. 1 then God should play the most important role, hence everything still works out fine, hence, you'll be alright.

I had a really nice dinner at Sebestian's. the service was outstanding, the waitress nice, polished, friendly, not too loudish, yet not too reserved. the food was excellent; duck cassoulet (stew) was nice and tasty, esp. with the beans; my rack of lamb was flavourful, the beef was good, and so on. a nice hearty french meal. dessert's souffle was a bit disappointing, it can't compare to bakers' inn, but it did had lots of grand marnier in it, which did wonders. afterward i felt so sweet, tender, full, and just so relaxed as my food digested in me tummy and i just was there. it's the after-dinner effect (it can't be explained. you have to experience it). maybe coz i ate lots of meat, which is quite rare, actually. but i think it's the beer. but the ambience was really nice. it reminds me of rustic french provinces where music is played and you sit there looking over hills and pastures. so story-book like. hmms. i shall go to bed with good memories, and a wonderful feeling in my tummy.

i shall sing songs.

No comments: