Monday, October 19, 2009

I went for mass that very same Friday that the other post came about. CO invited me for mass and said it would mean much to her, so i went. i was very hesitant, but i was glad that i took the chance to go. we sat down there, sang the songs; was a bit uncomfortable with the 'mary' part, but then just kept it to myself. just wanted to see what it was like, but boy was it good! Like i told P, it is strange; we protestants often deride the mass as just being overly procedural, but in fact when i attended the mass there was a very deep sense of spirituality; you could feel the Holy Spirit's presence, the Heavenly Father's presence being there as everyone sang out to Him and like He was in the audience, and the very presence of the Lord Jesus Himself in the lecture theater where the mass was held. it was very strange; there was a deep sense of calm, a deep sense of spirituality. which was quite awesome. maybe a reaction to my previous post [which was posted just a few hours ago.]

Over the weekend, my walk has been... alright; some struggles, but mostly Christ Jesus staying close to me and allowing me [thank Him] to enfold myself in Him fully, to embrace Him fully, to snuggle in His arms as He embraces me. for He loves me dearly and i know that is true.

the problem with me, shawn, is that, often when the world hits me and tempts me, i am too greedy to say no to the things that will surely destroy me. may the blessed Holy Spirit give me discernment.

No comments: