Monday, June 30, 2003

I have just been listening to the wonders of the just intonation scales and the richness and the fullness that you get from those chords, that blend and the harmonic overtones that are so pure and delightful. My songs sound nice again, haha. Yeah, I mean i've been trying midi programs that can sequence these scales, but unfortunately it's shareware. Never mind, the bliss of a moment. the swell brings back moments of angelic choirs singing in pure harmony, a world apart from the convulated untuned music that we get here, where chords just lose all their flavour, when the 4ths and the 5ths and the 1sts all lose their overtones.

Holy Spirit be with me: i've been so encouraged by Bible church's youth fellowship and all. I wanna go back.I asked God for my melodic gifts back (if you would call them gifts) and there and then i just wrote a song about coming back to God! 'Jesus...I'm coming back to you'....with rock/pop influences, and I'm so happy coz you know these things don't come so often...the immediate answering of prayer. And the funny thing is that, at the meeting I was thinking, crap i wanna return home, i've been away for too long, I've settled for the leftovers when I can enjoy the firstfruits, the harvest.... and then about a few minutes later the speaker suddenly spoke about how we all try to leave the church to see the world, when the fruits are there, right there, where the church is...and she said, why settle for the dust when you can settle for the gold? Sure, there's a lot of dust to see, but when you get the gold.... and immediately it struck...wow, deja vu, hadn't i been thinking that thought just a while ago? Praise God, what a revelation. I must go back i must go back.

I have to start.

No comments: