Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Had a really nice dream yesterday, but I just forgot all about it. sigh. am so pissed off, really so pissed off. ahhh. and I went to school today trying to find that girl again. haha.
Sigh. she probably doesn't care.


I have realised that life isn't that bed of roses people sometimes say it is. Oh, Raffles, you're a family, you're a tree. what hypocrisy. it is war. survival of the fittest. animals struggling for that same piece of meat, presumably the As. Getting a 'U' for S paper, and getting scolded for turning around to talk, without even opening my mouth, yet. Isn't it enough to make me cry in the lecture theater at the unfairness of it all? For the record, I've never gotten a 'U' before. and just when it's the time to do well, and start getting a Merit like i always do, i get this. the irony of it. the slap-in-the-face the disgrace. well i realised you gotta work for it, but this is really pushing the limits of madness.
I swear (well not really actually) that I would have been much worse off and still powerfully bitter, if I couldn't actually start jotting down some angsty tunes to rid myself of the madness. thank God i still have that gift man. pump up the power chords, scream in my mind, get the drum beats rolling, man...i'm gonna be a rock star. i mean when you see me making it big dont' cry for yourself, coz i don't cry for myself when everyone gets Ds and i'm languishing in, oblivion.
Bitterness is such a powerful emotion: it might make me start doing really damn well for SATS II to prove people wrong again. I always need to do that, it seems like that fire needs to be directed at something in order to burn. So if that's the case, so be it. maybe it will spur me on to get a Distinction in the final exam, though I realised that's a distant possibility. still. i mean what the hell.

there might still be something good coming out of this ah. i have to wear my heart on my sleeve again. fight for my right to live. enough of that langour. because no one really cares. it's a zero-sum-game. a many-horse race. fight.
so why don't we.

i'm no pacifist but here lies madness.

no wonder raffles is such a mess. it's all coz of this. if you were in AC you'd be laughing and laughing it off. but here, you have to be the best or die. it's the teachers' mad philosophy of life i guess. 'survival of the fittest'.

because i believe in my feelings. and when they say it's pleasurable to compete then i would, but most of the time it's not. it's nicer to cooperate. but then again no one wants to cooperate with you.


No comments: