Sunday, May 30, 2004

Be strong in the Lord, please be. Somehow I know God has made you strong for this day when you are able to look to Him and let Him enfold you in His arms, in the midst of all the memories and the feelings and emotions that well up inside.
I know that, my friend. please take care.

'This world is not my home, I'm just a-passing through. My treasures are laid up, somewhere beyond the blue'

-for a friend-


--
Life's rollercoaster of ups and downs never seems to end, and it's interesting how everything comes and everything goes in an instance. It was like, I was so happy I got accepted into law, because it was so competitive; the next day I fell sick with a horrible flu. And then like last thursday or friday music just seemed to flow through me, I could hear very well again, could write songs, sing well, in pitch, and everything. Full swing 180 deg back to today, so tired, outta sync, my playing in church was so off.

I have to realise that life brings surprises and new experiences each day and I have to cherish these experiences because they are oh so precious and your life is determined somewhat by them. Cherish them i will, I will.

--
She is so pretty. sigh. (okay nothing nothing)

--
life is unfair
--

I am probably fortunate to be in SSU (my dept) because everyone is happy and friendly to each other. But that is also our biggest curse, precisely because I value honesty. And I can't imagine why everyone can be happy everytime. Sometimes when people are angry and frustrated, it's only human to show it, and when it is hidden under a veneer of happy smiles, it frustrates me, because there isn't any real emotion then. People aren't people anymore. What I like is for people to express themselves naturally in front of others, instead of being a person who simply fakes everything for the sake of preserving his image. I don't care about mine; LOL; i just live. i do not find it glorious to be the most happening, most hip guy around. all i want to do is to live according to my principles, be in close touch with God and with the people I love, and then live true to myself. that's all i ask for, man.

one of the greatest problems about NS is that it distorts the mind and destroys everything that was unique about the individual for the sake of harmonious uniformity and cohesive team spirit, esprit de corps they call it. and so how do they do it? they try to make everyone carbon copies of each other, human robots, eschewing human difference for the sake of efficiency and speed. and you wonder why governments complain about people's lack of creativity. it is precisely because of this. to be different, to slack, to be lazy, even to rebel, is all part of us that allows us to move away from the accepted line of action, and that's when creative paths can be formed. unfortunately, NS doesn't allow such privileges, and so how do you expect that from our men? i do not even want to speak of the social alienations NS creates; maybe after 2 and a half years they'll have forgotten how to speak to girls.
seriously, if robots weren't totally nullified by EMPs, we could scrap NS altogether and have robot soldiers instead. now we have soldiers masquerading as robots.

No comments: