Tuesday, June 01, 2004

God, in His infinite mercy, gave me the opportunity yesterday (Sunday) to turn back and follow Him as a disciple. And how can I not take up that wonderful offer? May You be the center of my life. It is not, God is up there, I am down here, I am communicating, but, God is in me and I am just in Him and everything i have is flowing through Him and He controls it.

The service in the morning was really cool. Thanks to God, somehow all of us played well; somehow God's calming presence enabled us to all play in time, and for once our drummer was cool!! yay! i mean we struggled so much during rehearsals that when it was so good in the real thing it is all up to God's grace and even Uncle Sam was quite surprised we managed to do it. The message was really good. Pastor Daniel showed us 2 pictures; one of a formed Paul and Peter (all scupltures by Michaelangelo), and one of the unformed Matthew, with only his torso formed but the rest still stuck in cement, and challenged all of us not to be like this Matthew, who has started his spiritual journey but in the end lies stagnant, never finishing the race that he has run. I don't want to do that. I want to grow, to bear fruit, to know YOu more to draw closer to You and all that; just to learn a bit more everyday. I dedicate my whole life to You please just use me.
And later on during worship at night it was a wonderful elated experience within me that praised God through the songs we were singing and I was just there prayerful and bowing and talking to Him from the bottom of my soul. it has to be this; prayer must be deep, 'deep calls to deep'. And later on I was just happy, i don't know why.

Just came back from ACJC choir concert. those people can really sing, though I'd rather they pitch better.

No comments: