Friday, July 08, 2005

This week has been both joyful and very testing as well=D while there have been moments of security and peace, some parts of it has been very testing. as though the evil one is trying to twist my mind out of shape. but thankfully, as JI Packer said in 'Knowing God', those moments don't last.
God is sovereign and I believe that totally. He's unchangeable. and in His word (which is always true) he gave us certain promises. and i believe i can totally totally cling on to those promises and they'll hold for me because His word is always true. and one of the promises i just thought of today was that he won't allow any temptation beyond what i can bear. and i will just claim that promise and believe in faith that the evil one cannot tempt me or bring me away from God/Jesus. yes Lord that is so true.
and everything's in its right place. God--Father/Son/Holy Spirit is the head of my life and my Heavenly Father. below that comes family and maybe some of my interests such as music. but they're never going to overshadow God. i shall not want, and there is such great order in this system where God is the head-- everything else will fall into place just nicely. it is stable. i'm just going to allow God to work in my life; i trust that He's going to make a way for me and that He loves me and is actively working in me for me for us, and i dont have to worry about where i'm going and all that, because He's always leading me by His Holy Spirit, just as a shepherd leads his sheep.
it's been a great day, today. i wrote a song yesterday about seeking God, and it was stuck in my head a little bit this morning during parade giving me gentle reminders about finding God first in my life--my one desire. afternoon and i wanted to live out what my master Jesus said- to love others. at night was nice because i just found a bit more stability and peace and claimed that promise stated above-- that everything's in the right place-- and watched Fantastic Four which was pretty fun; had supper at the esplande with quek and jem which was really nice. good company and nice atmosphere. nice stability and feeling. yeah. everything's good. wrote a norah jonesque song which i think is pretty useful and nice~ yay=)

tuesday was spent praising God on the piano and singing out to Him. seek God and things will be added to you.
-the ironic thing about a Christian is that we'll enjoy God's blessings, but we won't seek pleasure or happiness- we'll seek God, and everything else will be added unto us, but that won't be our first priority--more of a side-product perhaps? it's a good way to look at it i suppose.

wednesday was spent praying hard for family. and wrote christian song. praying and reading 'knowing GOd' which i think is great.

hope you are fine too!

No comments: