Friday, April 25, 2003

Stayed at home today coz the flu bug came to me, and was pretty unproductive except for finishing the new song I've just written, which is the musicalesque one. Honestly I'm pretty happy with it, matching or perhaps surpassing my high standards...I'll post it on the web once I've written lyrics to it. This song has a rather enchanted air to it, being a lil' romantic like all musicalish songs, and has some semblence of emotion, that differentiates it from all the other trash I've been writing.
It's great to spend hours on the piano. One gets into this very musical mood, where the notes ring out loud and clear, and the harmonies are distinct; Where we get into the music itself, we speed up/slow down just as required, there's an elegance about the touch, etc. I was playing my old Mozart song that I had to perform for the exam long ago, and I realised how much more I understood the sympathy, the pathos, the sweetness of the melodic parts, in addition to the brilliant parts. At least now I'm playing it with some maturity that I didn't have last time. Which brings me to realise that its really a growing process, this piano-playing thing. It's great, I'm finally getting my touch back.

No comments: