Friday, April 04, 2003

I don't know why but this life of online communication is disturbing indeed, and if that's the way the new technological generation is going to be, I'd rather not be in it. Simply put, the nuances are all gone. We could use all sorts of gestures, such as *wink*, or 'haha' as opposed to 'hahahahaa' to reflect a bit the way we are thinking/feeling, but it gives only a small picture of the way we really are. Of course this accusation of the internet as being 'fake' has been there since day 1, but it strikes me as how true that really is. I mean, when you're talking to an RGS person as opposed to an SCGS, or an MGS person, or an RI person from an AC person, you're talking worlds apart here, and over the internet, it all seems the same. It's mass production at work, and it's distasteful. And it's too bloddy convenient. People can seem happy when really they're crying inside, or rage when they're really quite happy. All that inauthencity is gone. Maybe they'll come up with video conferencing as a regular feature next time, but then I'll have another grouse. We shall see.

Oh and I just realised I was quite an 'early blogger', having had a blog since July 2001 or something when it came into fashion, at this page in Diaryland, but now I've moved to blogspot. Oh well. And now everyone's into this blog thing. It makes the net a lil' more interesting than it is already I suppose.

No comments: