Sunday, March 30, 2003

Am really exhausted, and a little ill, hopefully it isn't SARS. Yesterday and today have been really maniac, which is nice in a sense in comparison to the humdrum of thurs/fri. Yesterday was the music practise for today's service, when i was supposed to play the piano, for the first time, and after that it was cell, which was quite alright. it's always nice in some way. at least it was interactive. I got real pissed about something but after reading the Bible and praying things started to change. God has been absent in my life for quite a bit with all the computer games and it was nice I wanted Him back where He belongs. Ahhh. So after lots of prayer i guess i started wearing some qualities of God again. And He always seems to speak to me alot in my Quiet Time, when it suddenly hits me that what the book is saying is speaking to me directly, and is really actually telling me something about my own life, which is quite fascinating considering the book is published for a worldwide audience, and still remains so so relevant. It's amazing. Thank You. 'Obedience, not good intentions, matter'. Ahhh maybe that's right.

Got into a melancholic streak last night too, as I thought about the times I had, the missed opportunities, the longing, that yearning, for a strange scent of love, and all that rubbish that belonged, really, to my J1 year. All that melancholy and self-pity and all that. Heartbreaking stuff. That's why perhaps 'Autumn' resonated so strongly in my heart last year, with poor old lovelorn me. But that's a past now. The song is still a favourite, but then things have moved on. I have to grow spiritually now, and mature a little. things are in my hands. i wanna be happy. i wanna feel joy. And to love. And to love others. And to be loved. I want to know my Maker more and to love Him more, more often, not just sporadically in church and stuff. I guess it's possible, really?

But today was quite a whizz and a bang. It started off with my playing the piano in service, and thank God, everything went really well actually. My fingers were alright, i was playing near my best, you know the little nitty-gritties were ironed out relatively well (except one transistion but who cares), and i was relatively relaxed and not-so-nervous. Also the 'shawn' style seemed to flow out quite naturally. but well it was a tiring schedule, 3 medleys, with connectings for each of them. sigh....ah well. service.

Went to sentosa after that and it was quite a whirl too, wif the church friends. the sun was really hot and the sky all blue and clear, which made for a really hot day. we did volleyball, and ultimate frisbee, as well as paddling to the little raft in the middle of a lagoon for a little sun-tanning. was too hot, really, and i'm a little headachy now coz of the intense sun shining down on you the whole afternoon, but it was fun, nevertheless. An interesting point was the little posing we did under a particular coconut tree with Sam's digi-cam, trying to capture the sun on the person's face as well as the sky, almost like a professional photographer. it made us all look like hunks, even me. Now isn't that saying something.

Oh well i'm really tired now.
But hope everyone has a good holiday, and i betta not catch sars.=)

No comments: