Sunday, April 06, 2003

I'm going mad. I just had a conversation with myself, imagining myself to be a rock star being interviewed by the media. The question went something like that, 'you know, do you compare yourself to bands like Coldplay?' (I have a whole store of questions by now, actually) and I was like, 'you know, we all love to categorise bands into different categories for convenience's sake, and u know, like RHCP is funk-metal and Linkin-park is nu-metal, and Radiohead is melancholy Brit, but we're just ourselves (my band), you know we would call ourselves edgy, melodic, melancholic, you know, deep....' and I was espousing my band's principles, 'you know, every band connects with their audience in a slightly different way, and that's the important thing, when we write songs and release albums, we want every song to touch people in our way, and you know, in our albums, there's gonna be no fillers...That's our principle...even if we don't release albums for many years, so be it...'

I'm mad, like I told you.
On the lighter note, I've gotta finish writing lyrics for 'For you', and try to mug a little French Rev. Just stuffed myself on ben and jerry's, again, which means all the tennis calories are put back on again, but heck.

hey that's why debuts are always the artistes's best albums, coz maybe they've been writing for years just to get that debut out.

No comments: